To the best damn department at LLM (even if no one else realizes/appreciates you)...
I'm sad-- not because of what happened, but more because I wasn't able to say a proper farewell to my webbie family that I've grown to know and love. I've been through web hell with each of you at some point in my two years there, and I feel the sentimental need to pay respect to that bond. I strongly believe that in spite of the crap each of us are dealt, it's bearable because we keep each other laughing & sane. And with that said, here's a fond farewell to each of you. [Warning: NSFW if you're emotional and prone to tears (lookin' at you, Steve!)]
Juline, Bringer of Donuts - Thank you for being patient and understanding when I took over Content all by my lonesome. I'll miss your sugary bribes almost as much as I'll miss your "Thanks a million!" replies.
Giggling Tony - Your giggle never failed to make me laugh, and your tranquility in the face of many a web nightmare kept me calm and focused on days when I wanted to shoot edesk in the face. That said, at least I'm one less person to ask you to write silly queries.
It's Paul! - When I see your Dino shirt on threadless.com I'll always think of you... And all photos of Caucasian babies will remind me of you too. Keep laughing, and I'll probably bump into you at Comic-Con next year. Keep up the buen trabajo, Star Student!
Canadian Bacon - Your snarky yet thoroughly informative emails regarding various Toy mysteries never ceased to amuse me. Thanks for being so fun to work with, and last I heard you were a bit under the weather, so get well soon!
Crotch Buddy - No longer can I help you find the angle of the dangle, but I'm sure you'll find other ways to be creepy... Sucks that I won't be there to find out how. I'll miss you and your fail shimmy :(
Bus Driver - I'm glad I got to see you Spin & Win before I left. Hope you get to spin and represent Web again soon. And about what we talked about last time... I still think you should do it ;)
Rasputin - I've bestowed upon you my rubber band ball. Don't hesitate to chuck it at people when they come to harass you. And in case of emergency, throw it out the window when you need to escape. Flower Power!
Panchito 108 - My cell block sista! I will continue to pray for you, scandalous one. Stop teaching babies to dance on tables, and remember to smile once in a while :)
Admin Star - You haven't seen the last of me. I'll invite myself to dinner at your place soon. We'll Magic Mic it.
Disney Expert - Some advice from me to you: Appreciate being hourly and be careful what you wish for.
Froggers - You're so pleasant to work with... And yes, you can do a build. I'm not publishing.
SEO Savior - I never saw your fabulous Mickey! We didn't work together much, but I can tell you're good peoples. Keep on pushin' for change :)
Mitten-wearing Michelle - I'm sad I don't get to see your baby bump grow. Hope you come back from Florida to a clean and not-so-freezing cube... But if not, you can have mine.
Boxenia - Thanks for your support... on many levels. Hope you don't have to explain how reusable coupons work ever again. I'll miss how you say my name.
Bosom Buddy - Keep on creepin' on, mister. You'll always be my #2 at LLM.
ChaCha - This was definitely not on the timeline. Take care of yourself and little Wolverine in your belly, mamas. BTW, they tried to give me your plant when they gathered my stuff. I hope you got it back.
Jeff Ball - I am so sorry you have to deal with all the fuckery alone now. I hope you never ever make a human error. Ever. But if you do... Of course you did, you're only human, dammit! Hakuna matata!
Fellow King's Fan - And I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow! Thanks for always being there for us and figuring crap out between departments. I hope you and your special desk are reunited soon.
And now that I feel like I've written in all of your yearbooks, I bid you adieu. I'll miss working with each of you. Good luck! Don't take shit from anyone, and when you're feeling low, just remember: You is kind. You is smart. You is important.
No comments:
Post a Comment